Usborne English For Writers Collection - 3 Books Boxset (ages 6+)
The perfect resource for young readers and writers!
This box contains a 6.000 word alphabetical dictionary, a thematic thesaurus full of synonyms and antonyms and a thorough guide to all aspects of grammar and punctuation.
Titles in this collection (3)
- The Usborne Junior Illustrated English Dictionary (with over 8,000 definitions)
- The Usborne Junior Illustrated Thesaurus
- The Usborne Junior Illustrated Grammar and Punctuation
- Format Hardcover
- Dimensions 24.7 x 17.4 x 6.0cm
- Publication date 17th April 2018
- Publisher Usborne Publishing Ltd
- Publication City/Country London, United Kingdom
- ISBN 9781474943741
About these books
- The Usborne Junior Illustrated English Dictionary (with over 8,000 definitions) A great dictionary for home and school, with over 8,000 words carefully defined in simple language and over 650 colourful illustrations. Clearly displayed and easy to navigate, with example sentences to show words in context, spelling tips and information about word families and origins, plus grammar and punctuation help at the back of the book.
- The Usborne Junior Illustrated Thesaurus A fantastic resource to help children boost their word power, both when writing and talking. Words and their synonyms are grouped in over 90 topics, including for example, animal words, noisy words, fairytale words, jobs, sports, monsters, weather and lots more. Children can choose a topic relevant for their story, or look for a word in the Word Finder index. Colourful pictures illustrate many of the word meanings, and there are writing tips, word games and internet links to other carefully chosen writing resources online.
- The Usborne Junior Illustrated Grammar and Punctuation An easy-to-use guide to grammar and punctuation with sections on nouns, pronouns, verbs, apostrophes, quotation marks and more. Clear explanations, fun illustrations and lively example sentences will help children develop their writing style and skills and there are short quizzes to test their knowledge. A useful reference book for home and school.